What is Reiki?
Reiki is the Japanese word for Universal Life Force Energy and is an energetic healing method.
Universal life force within the Human body is vibrational energy. It is commonly understood that during stress and illness, energy that usually flows through the body can become depleted, blocked, and unbalanced. Reiki helps raise, replenish and rebalance that energy. Reiki promotes relaxation, a sense of peace, security and well-being that promotes self healing.
Reiki was discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 1900's.
Reiki is administered by "laying on of hands" by a Practitioner who has been attuned to the energy through the "attunement process" of working with a Reiki Master. Reiki Energy is a spiritually guided intelligent energy that can restore and replenish everything. Anyone can learn Reiki and it is away to help people and the planet without depleting your own energy system.
Reiki can never cause harm and is a pure form of healing that is not dependent on individual talent or acquired ability. The feeling of being connected to God's healing love and protection is apparent when giving and or receiving the Reiki Energy.
Reiki in Medicine
As the medical profession is looking into new methods of wellness and healing, increased interest in “complementary” methods has been expanding in recent years. A component of the National Institute of Health, The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) currently lists Reiki as an "Energy Therapy." It is offered in many health care settings as an adjunct to medical treatments. Reiki is found to be effective in enhancing deep relaxation, and has been shown to promote an improved healing response. It is also often offered for palliative care to provide comfort measures for serious medical conditions. There has been a recent study that estimates over six million U.S. adults have received one or more Reiki treatments and that number is growing exponentially. Currently in the US about 10-15% of medical facilities offer Reiki Services as a complementary medicine modality to some or all of their clients.
How does Reiki work?
Reiki practitioners receive attunements which raise and accelerate their energy flow. The practitioner provides Reiki sessions by the gentle act of allowing energy to flow out through their hands.
Reiki works on elevating the energy level of a person, place, animal, plant etc. Usually after a treatment, a person will feel relaxed sometimes energized and at peace. Reiki energy is always positive, it can never no harm.
How Reiki sessions can help:
- Reiki is used to complement and enhance all levels of medical treatment
- It can help relieve stress, agitation, acute and chronic pain
- Can assist in the improvement of overall energy levels
- Can assist in promoting rest and improved sleep patterns
- Can assist in enhancing comfort measures
- Can help to accelerate wound healing
- Provide deep relaxation
- To heal deep emotional issues and trauma
- Release negative or stuck energy stored in the body/mind system
- To balance the overall body and energy centers/channels (Biofields/Chakra's) within the body system.
- Clear the mind and open intuitive senses to promote compassionate action towards self and others.
What are the side effects of Reiki?
There are NO side effects. It is non-invasive and safe for all ages from premature babies to the elderly. Reiki can be performed on a person while they are lying down, sitting or standing. No adjustment in clothing needs to be made, since Reiki flows through any barrier including casts.
Basic Reiki Classes
Levels of Training:
There are three levels, sometimes called degrees, in the training and practice of Reiki.
All Usui Reiki Certification Classes are provided in an in person classroom setting and are conducted with the Manuals developed by the International Center for Reiki Training.(ICRT)
The classes include Usui/Tibetan Reiki Training as well as techniques developed by the ICRT.
If you take your ICRT Usui Reiki Classes from an ICRT Licensed Teacher you are eligible to join the Reiki Membership at a Professional Status Level after completion of the ART/Master Class.
All classes offer a teaching style that combines education, demonstration, and practice sessions so you can feel confident as you develop your Reiki Practice for yourself and others.
Continuing Education (CE's) are available for All Nurses and Massage Therapists for Reiki I/II, ART/Master Classes (See Continuing Education Page for Details)
As your Master Teacher I will always be available to you for questions and support.
I am always learning and expanding in my understanding and knowledge of Reiki and consider myself a life long student and teacher of this healing modality.
I am a Center Licensed Teacher with the International Center for Reiki Training, which is one of the most respected Reiki Training Centers in the world. I am honored to be a part of their vision.
Reiki Certification Class Schedule
Ladera Ranch/South Orange County
See Shopping Cart to Register and Pay On-Line
Reiki I/II Classes 2014
- January 11-12
- February 8-9
- March 15-16 (Only 2 spots left)
- April 12-13
- May 17-18
- June 28-29
- July 19-20
- September 13-14
- October 18-19
- November 15-16
Class times: 9-6 pm each day
Includes:Class/ICRT Training Manual
Cost:$350.00 ($150.00 deposit/registration required)
**Contact Education Units are available for all Nurses/MassageTherapists
See Continuing Education Units page for specifics
Advanced Reiki Techniques (ART) / Reiki Master Class
Must be a Reiki II Practitioner for a minimum of 6 months (All Usui training accepted)
Includes: Class/International Center for Reiki Training ART/Master Manual and Certification.
Completion of this class meets the requirements to join the ICRT Association.
Cost: $875.00 ($275.00 deposit/registration required)
Where: Ladera Ranch-South Orange County
Time: Fri 2-8pm and Sat/Sun 9-5pm
- January 24-26, 2014
- April 25-27, 2014
- August 29-31, 2014
- November 7-9, 2014
**Continuing Education Units are available for all Nurses and Massage Therapists
Deposit/Registration Fee Policy
Class registration fees are non-refundable if the student cancels, but may be transferred to a future class within 1 year from the initial class date. if the class is canceled by me the registration fee is fully re-fundable.
Reiki Class Outlines
Reiki I/II 2 days 16 hours- $350.00
Reiki I (Day I) 8 hours
During this Certification, you will receive the First Degree Reiki energy attunement, which will give you the ability to channel Reiki energy and you will learn and experience:
- The history and evolution of Reiki
- How Reiki works
- The practical applications & beneficial effects of Reiki
- How to do Gassho Meditation
- Byosen Scanning and Beaming
- How to do a self treatment
- The standard Reiki hand positions for others and self
- Using Kenyoku at the end of your treatment sessions.
- Professional practice standards
- Practice treatments
- How to use and practice from the Hayashi Healing Guide
- Learn about the philosophy, purpose and vision of the International Center for Reiki Training.
Reiki II (Day 2) 8 hours
During this Certification Training, you will receive the Second Degree Reiki energy attunements, and you will learn and experience:
- The 3 basic Usui Reiki Symbols and be attuned to these symbols.
- How to use the symbols in doing your Reiki Sessions for self and others.
- How to use your symbols for hands-on sessions
- How to do distant or remote healing sessions
- How to use Reiki and the Usui Symbols for self transformation
- How to heal past mental/emotional issues
- Practice time to try different Japanese Reiki Techniques with others.
- Ways to develop your Reiki Practice
- What to do to become a Reiki Master
ART/Master Level-Reiki III (3/8 hour days of Training)- $875.00
Advanced Reiki Training- ART- (Day 1)
During this Certification Training you will learn and experience:
- The Usui Master attunement which increases the strength of your Reiki
- The Usui Master symbol which increases the effectiveness of the Reiki II symbols and can be added to symbols used in your sessions.
- Reiki Meditation that strengthens the mind and expands the consiousness
- Advanced techniques for using Reiki to solve problems and achieve goals
- Using Reiki to protect yourself and others
- The use of crystals and stones with Reiki
- How to make a Reiki Grid that will continue to send Reiki to yourself and others
- Reiki Aura clearing that allows you to remove negative energy from yourself and others.
- A guided meditation that introduces you to your Reiki Guides
Reiki III/ Master Training- (Day 2 and Day 3)
During this certification you will learn and experience:
- The complete Reiki III Usui/Tibetan Master attunement
- Instruction on how to do all Reiki attunements including the Master attunement
- The Healing attunement that can be used with others during sessions
- The Usui/Tibetan system of attunements used by ICRT
- Two additional Tibetan symbols for a total of 6
- Lots of practice time doing attunements
- How to give yourself attunements
- How to send healing attunements to others at a distance
- Advanced Reiki Meditation that harmonizes the energy of the chakras
- The values and orientation of a true Reiki Master
Want Reiki Classes in your Area?
- Do you have a group of 8 or more people who would like to take Reiki Training ?
If so, I will come to you! Just give me time to pack my suitcase...
Classes and Services
Body/Mind and Spirit